Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

just do something.

Lately, I have been praying quite hard about my next phase in life. And though a lot is still unclear to me, I know that God is pulling at my heart to do something BIG! I have been amazingly blessed with a family that loves and supports me, and friends that are there to turn to in times of trouble. I have shelter to keep me warm and food to keep me nourished.  And most of all, I have a God that is loving and comforting. A God who’s grace is flowing over me, even as we speak.

So what now? Where do I go from here?

In Matthew 25:35 the Lord says,
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in..."
How awesome is it that God gave and taught us so much? It truly astounds me. However, I’m also blown away by the fact that though we’ve been given so much, we still cannot move past our own petty grievances. We have the opportunity right now to stand up and do something. Yet we hide behind our desks, T.V.’s, etc, and deliver excuse after excuse. It’s time to live the way Christ taught us to.
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.  -Deuteronomy 15:10 
I urge you all to “Send It On”. I pray that we all take the time to pray, and ask God where we should go next. My hope is that this one spark will start a fire. To listen to an awesome song that embodies this movement, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment