Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

l'angelus.

I meant to write this post last week, but between afternoon naps and Madea movies I just haven't had the time. Anywho....

Last week, I took my first adventure to the Rockingham County Fair to see Michael W. Smith in concert. For those of you who are familiar with him, you know that he's had a great career as a Christian artist. And if you don't know anything about him, check here for his website.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I found him rather..."ehhhh". Maybe I just like to move around, stand up, heck stay awake, during a concert. But maybe that's just me. However, there was one redeeming quality to this show! The band he had playing with him, L'Angelus, was awesome! (Pronounced Lawn-Jay-Loose)


They combine the best of Louisiana’s music traditions: cajun fiddle tunes for the dance crowd, saxophone driven swamp-pop, and New Orleans influenced R&B. The group, who are all brothers and sisters, hails from Lousiana. But have family ties right here in the Shenandoah Valley...how cool is that?!

Their high energy and intoxicating “joie de vivre” radiates from the stage. This is definitely a band you should check out in your free time. One of my favorite songs of the night was "Vive Le Bonne Vie", which means Live the Good Life! What an awesome piece of advice! To make your own judgement call, check out this video...enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment