Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jesus Calling.

It's Hump Day! And I am supa pumped to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I love having an awesome 9-5 job with an air conditioned office, but I'm also looking forward to the weekend.

It's been a very interesting week, well month. I said goodbye to a job that I loved, and started a new one that offers more stability (and benefits). The transition has been a bit overwhelming but I'm acclimating to the change in pace. Heidi, my beautiful girlfriend, has been extremely supportive and should be given an award for dealing with my complaints and stress. Now on to the point of this post...

During my lunch-break today, I was reading through my daily devotional - Jesus Calling (by Sarah Young). The message was as follows:

When things don't go as you would like, accept the situation immediately. If you indulge in feelings of regret, they can easily spill over the line into resentment. Remember that I am sovereign over your circumstances, and humble yourself under my mighty hand. Rejoice in what I am doing in your life, even though it is beyond your understanding.
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. In Me you have everything you need, both for this life and for the life yet to come. Don't let the impact of the world shatter your thinking or draw you away from focusing on Me. The ultimate challenge is to keep fixing your eyes on Me, no matter what is going on around you. When I am central in your thinking, you are able to view circumstances from My perspective.

Umm....YES! What an amazing conviction! It's human nature to nit-pick and complain about everything little thing we don't like. I'm definitely guilty of it. Even though I have been thoroughly blessed, my human nature takes over and I find something to be unhappy about. And then I sit down for some quiet time with God and He smacks me across the face and tells me to WAKE UP!

I love that! I love how this ever-evolving relationship with Him can bring me back down to reality and remind me that He has everything, absolutely everything, under control. And the message is true. The hardest challenge is keeping our eyes fixed on Him and trusting in His all-knowing way. I urge you to check out the Scripture associated with this devotional, and find time to lay any worries on the One who has the power to make them all go away!

Scripture: 1 Peter 5:6; John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment